Allergic Girl: What I’m Cooking This Week: December 31, 2017

The new DESSERT I will make this week is: Victoria Cake, which is simply a yellow cake (I’ll use Betty Crocker’s Gluten-Free Yellow Cake box, which is also nut-free), some yummy jam (mine will be homemade strawberry) and whipped cream. Simple, delicious and easy to whip up for tea time, dessert time or anytime! Here’s Melissa Clark’s New York Times recipe if you want to make it from scratch.  More on the history of the Victoria Sandwich or Victoria Cake

The bonus SIDE DISH I will make is: a pear pickle which will be new to me making it but it’s from an old recipe created by a chef friend, you can find it here. (If pears are no longer at the market, I’ll try it with apples.)

And second bonus SIDE DISH: Second Avenue Deli health salad which I couldn’t find a recipe for online, until now.

***

Looking for other recipe inspiration: I’ll be making wine braised short ribs for New Year’s Eve. You can, too!


Wine braised short ribs, you cannot go wrong!

Comments

Popular Posts